Thursday, August 18, 2011

Concubine

Concubine by Jill Knowles
Loose-Id
Novel
Fantasy/Romance/BDSM
4.5 out of 5

Blurb:
 A BDSM LGBT Futuristic Fantasy

Scholar, captain...war prize. Prince Kael of Korai is stunned when his father gives him to an enemy warlord in a desperate attempt to salvage Korai's reputation. With his country's honor at stake, Kael resolves to submit to Warlord Taren's every debauched whim.

But life in Zandria isn't anything like what Kael imagined. Instead of pain and cruelty, Warlord Taren seduces Kael until the bewildered prince craves his Master's every intimate caress. As he sinks into the decadent, sensual life of a concubine, Kael makes a powerful enemy, one who wants him removed from Zandria by any means necessary. Betrayed by his body, trapped by his honor, Kael must learn to trust his Master or get them both killed. 

Review:
Concubine was just pure awesome, I am in all kinds of love with the world the author created. Although, Taren influenced my liking that sexy purple demon who makes me want to burn all my pants. It was incredibly sexy, sweet, and downright sinful. Concubine is so much more than its cover.

We meet Prince Kael, respected and loved by his people and captain of their army. His life is good, but he hates the fighting and wishes it to end, because the death of his people could have been avoided if only his father had listened. Fighting a war with the demons will eventually lead to their demise, cus they fight like the devil himself. So when his country is about to lose it all, what does his father do (the king)? Gives him up as a war prize, to be concubine to warlord Taren. Did his father miss the part where he was a guy and a fecking Prince!

So being the honour bound guy that Kael is, he decides to submit to Taren for the good of his people. Where he thought the demon would have just bent him over the closest surface. Taren begins a slow seduction and teaches Kael about his world. Leaving the prince confused and angry, because he has always been attracted to women but Taren is bringing out some serious feelings. Plus, all the bondage play is turning Kael on something fierce leading him to call himself some hateful names.

Through it all it quite apparent that they care for each other. In the beginning the relationship might have been one of his master and slave, but I felt that somehow they evolved to something more. On the surface, it looks like Taren is in charge, but if you look closely Kael holds the card. Because Taren would be beastly without him.

I loved Taren; purple is my new fave color. Let me tell you cum has never been particular attractive to me, but somehow a lavender color most definitely kicks it up a notch. It reminds me of sunshine and spring *winks*. I also loved the scales, jeez its like keep me away from the fishes, because scales is the new sexy. I guess I could talk about Taren's height, but whom the fuck cares; the man is sex on legs. I equally am a little obsessed with Kael call me a character slut.



4 1/2 Pants Off


No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and talk to me!