Monday, December 26, 2011

You, Me & Yaoi! Cut #1


So this will be the first post of many posts for You, Me and Yaoi (yes the cheese factor is high). I am so excited to be doing this, reading yaoi is my drug of choice and there's always something to talk about. I am no yaoi expert, but they are fun and the artwork is beautiful. So I hope fans, and others who aren't familiar with the genre stop by and have a look.


                                         
ZE Vol.1 by Yuki Shimizu
4 out of 5
Blurb: 
If Fruits Baskets was done as a yaoi manga, it might look something like this... Raizo has recently moved into a strange mansion upon the death of his last living relative. Given room and board in exchange for taking over the household chores for the half dozen residents, Raizo slowly comes to realize that the house is hiding some pretty dark secrets. Are his housequests more than what they appear? And will his attraction to the lord and master Kon prove hazardous to his health?

Thoughts:
Like 'what the feck'! I don’t know why it took me so long to read this; I should have taken the hint because it’s by the same Mangaka who created one of my all time faves ‘Love Mode’. So I dived into this one with a somewhat high expectation of awesmazingness, and I freaking got it.

Raizo is trying to make it after losing his beloved grandmother. He takes the position as a housekeeper in a house full of some unusual but very attractive men ‘and women’. The job is easy enough, cook, clean, and keep things organized. If only simple meant that there was no man in the strange creepy mask, no crazy talk about curses, and the fact that he just watched someone’s arm get ripped off and put back together again ‘huh’. Talk about an unusual household.

So Raizo is in over his head, seems that everyone is sort of doll and is used to heal the person they belong to. It becomes all sorts of crazy from there, and Raizo is wishing his grandma were there, to keep the crazy away.

I loved this unusual little manga. I found it hilarious and definitely, a series I will be continuing.  I can’t wait to see what becomes of Raizo and his potential mate. Though it feels very light and easy now, I have a feeling things are gonna get tense and interesting. Happy I took a chance on this manga!

4 Pants Off

Get Interested
: Paper People, 100% Natural Pulp, House full of Men.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and talk to me!