Monday, February 13, 2012

A Life Without You by Erica Pike

A Life Without You by Erica Pike
Novel: 236pages
Rating: 4.5 out of 5
Blurb:
Jesse's like a bar of soap: the tighter Adam holds on, the faster Jesse slips away. Or that's how it feels to Adam. It doesn't help that Jesse has a girlfriend back home and claims to be straight, but there's no way with all the sparks and physical intimacy flying between the two roommates.

When Adam believes he has reached his ultimate happiness, the bedroom walls come crashing down with a visit from Jesse's girlfriend.

Now Jesse has to decide if he can come to terms with his sexuality, while Adam has to learn to accept that Jesse might never be able to crawl out of the closet.

Review:
Books fall under three catergories for me, the ones I can't wait to read to cause a pants losing, the books I anticipate reading, and the others where the blurb sounds interesting and it gets added to the pile. A Life Without You is one of those where the blurb sounded interesting and I decided to give it a try, well folks I'm glad I said yes to reviewing it because I freaking loved it. It's one of those where I wanna run naked through some fields singing " the hills are a live with the sound of music *awesome*". This book caused a pants losing of epic proportions and I'm so in love with the story.

Adam is in love with his roommate Jesse, but he doesn't want to tell him he's gay because he already lost a roommate because of his sexuality. The only thing thats different is that if Jesse left him it would hurt more than anything else. When a friend dares Jesse to kiss Adam all his secrets come out, and it puts a strain on their friendship. The kiss he shared with Jesse was life changing and he knows that he is in serious love with is friend. If only Jesse will admit that he also wants Adam, judging by the hard piece of length in his pants.

The story unfolds with the boys growing attraction, and the sexual chemistry they share. All isn't well in their room, because Jesse has a girlfriend and he refuses to let her go. Adam is willing to take anything he has to offer, even it kills him to be the fuck buddy, knowing that nothing more will ever come of their relationship.

Jesse is character I love but sort of hate. He has a girlfriend whom he is cheating on, and he has Adam on the side. He wants the security of being the straight boy, but he also wants the chemistry and the love he has for Adam. Then he pulls a douche move by forbidding Adam to be with anyone else, while he cuddles and eventually has sex with the girlfriend. He seems like such a bastard but yet my heart goes out to him, I can just imagine his inner turmoil being faced with the possibility of being gay or just gay for Adam.

Adam I really liked but also found him very passive at times. I understand love and finding your soulmate but he just took way too much crap from Jesse, and because of that he got the shitty end of the stick; just  a few too many times. I did love the boys together, talk about sexy as hell and so utterly sweet. It was great to see how they got from point A, to point B.

Overall, Erica Pike has written a fantabulous book and I am so in love with the story. I was all smiles from the beginning to the end, it kept me enthralled and jumping out of my pants. The author is going down as a must read for me, if she keeps writing about beautiful boys such as Jesse and Adam. A Life Without You will also keep you interested with awesmazing supporting characters, and I want more of these fun and sexy boys. All that eyeliner and leather had me hyperventilating over my iPad, and wanting all of them to get together in a serious orgy of limbs and holes (gawd it would have been sexy). I Love This Book!


4 1/2 Pants Of
A Year of Firsts- first book by author Erika Pike

4 comments:

  1. Oh, this does sound really good. You are seriously bad for my credit card!

    Have you read the short story Hot Hands by this author? It's also reaaaaally good. The info is here if you're interested but I'd seriously recommend it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finished Hot Hands last night and totally love it. I already hit up the author to give me more, because there is a really good book in there.

      I think we are all really bad for each others credit card, mine hates me and when it's time to pay te bills I cry ^_^

      Delete
  2. OMG..totally agree with your reviews! Just finished it today...What major twist and turn..I love Eric..what a Queen! Do you know that there's a second Boston Boy starring Eric? It's called Absolutely Eric~


    Note to self..never read any of Erica Pike's novel in Starbucks...I was rock hard the whole time and was so embarrassed >..>

    Also, I just read S.E. Culpepper Private Eye and Question Mark...was trying to see if you had reviewed those but if you have not, you should definitely read them...

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and talk to me!