Wednesday, March 28, 2012

You, Me, & Yaoi Cut #5: Target in the Finder

By: Ayano Yamane
Rating: 4 out of 5

Blurb: During a routine journalism assignment, Akihito Takara is captured by the mysterious Asami, a powerful leader in Japan's underworld society. Asami forces his captive to undergo a night of pleasure and pain never before imagined, but before long, the son of a powerful Chinese mafia boss also sets his sights upon Akihito, demanding the critical evidence he's uncovered-or is it something else about him he seeks? Includes three erotic bonus stories and an interview with author Ayano Yamane.


4 Pants Off

Thoughts: I have been dying to read the finder series, for like forever. Crucial situation, I was missing Vol.1, but then I got it and I could not wait a minute longer. So the anticipation was high, because through the yaoi grapevine, this series is one of the best, and I was excited in my pants. Am I slightly disappointed? Perhaps! Could my feelings change? Oh, you bet your sweet ass they will, after all its only volume 1.

Aki is a freelance photographer, trying to make a name for himself behind his viewfinder. He’s naïve and has no understanding that when you want to play with the big boys, you have to be prepared for their big boy toys (ahem, it’s as pervy as it sounds). Aki gets a story on something he has no business taking pics of, and his little ‘I wanna make a name for myself’ lands him in the web of Asami. Sexy crime boss extraordinaire, and too freaking sexy for a damn drawing.

What is it you do when boys are naughty? You punish them of course, and for all that is sweet and holy Asami punishes Aki. Here it comes the plot line that makes it so very yaoi. Aki gets tied up, and Asami uses him like a cum rag. All dirty and ‘wait a moment isn’t this wrong’ because I don’t think he consented to this sex. It depends on how you view it, and I gotta say I have no problems with it but I kind of think that Aki should be really pissed. However, he’s a simple boy, with simple problems.

Then comes the man I have knighted as my manga boyfriend Fei Long. Good grief I love that long hair, and those fine features and I did mention he also went for a ride on the turn style that is Aki. That boy gets his ass into some serious situations, and I do mean his ass.

It has the typical Seme/Uke thing going on. Where Asami never takes his clothes off during sex and the cigarette is always hanging from the side of his mouth. Hey, Asami are you gonna smoke them or are they just decorations. You could save a lot of money if you just smoked the freaking things. Aki, I like! He will forever be in denial that Asami turns him on and the question ‘but I’m a man?’ loses all value. We know you’re a man Aki, and so does Asami.

There are three bonus stories, which offer up some really hot sex scenes but add nothing to the manga. Its just really great smut and folks I am not complaining. With art this beautiful, I will just cry on the inside and salivate over its awesomeness.

I am super excited to read the rest of the volumes, because I just know some serious stuff is gonna go down. I am also deeply interested to see who else will have sex with Aki. Asami will your clothes remain on; will you ever smoke all of one cigarette? I am going to find out folks.
 

Get Interested

Fingers!
Fei Long
 

4 comments:

  1. Ah yaoi, love it. This one's not my favorite though. I lurve Koisuru Boukun (The Tyrant Falls in Love) and Sekai ichi Hatsukoi (World's First Greatest Love - yeah, I know, the title sucks in English, hehe).

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be honest, I think this volume is the weakest in the series. The next few volumes are fantastic and filled with drama and humor. Viewfinder is definitely one of my favorite yaoi manga of all time.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and talk to me!