Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Oops! Where Did My Pants Go?? (Whiskey and Wry)


I am unable to write a coherent review, so I am gonna rave about the pants losing this book caused. After reading the ending of Sinner's Gin you know shit was gonna be epic, and epic it was.

I'd like to tell you where my pants went. It got lost somewhere between Damien wearing that cowboy hat and Sionn just speaking. I couldn't even handle all the words or their explosive chemistry. Then of course there is all the explosive action that is never absent from a Rhys Ford book, it begins explosive and then ends even more explosive (gawww that ending).

Then there was this...

"Shut up and listen to me Irish," Damie whispered, licking at the spongy head hidden beneath Sionn's hood.
"You say you're safe. I know I'm safe. So unless you're going to get me pregnant, I'm going to suck you clean and fill my belly with your taste. Because I need that. I need you. Right. Now. Because the only thing thats going to make me feel better right now is you"

I can't even; I don't even know cus I am filled with too many feels.

"Hi you've reached Darien's pants. Sorry I unable to be found right now, but I hope to be back after a few days because Whiskey and Wry was just too sexy. Sorry if I'm unavailable to lose my pants for you". 

Seriously though, let’s get to real talk. Whiskey and Wry is another superb hit by the author. With action packed writing and unforgettable characters that will surely delight all the fans. I just really enjoy that the characters are flawed and there isn't any of that trying to fix them. They will work things out in their own time. Also, this villain be cray, cray but so very entertaining. Whiskey and Wry offers family drama in both the positive and ugly side of what it means to be a family (they say blood is thicker than water but that’s just being literal).

Loved, love, love the crap out of this book. I was entertained, lost my pants, Miki and Damien are just so freaking amazing I wanna eat them up with a spoon. Looking forward to Shaken & Stirred (not the actual title of the book) I'm just going on how it will probably make me feel.

Its been a pants less few days *sigh*



Whiskey and Wry (Sinners #2) by Rhys Ford
Dreamspinner Press
Novel: 254pgs
4.5 Pants Off

Blurb:
He was dead. And it was murder most foul. If erasing a man’s existence could even be called murder.

When Damien Mitchell wakes, he finds himself without a life or a name. The Montana asylum’s doctors tell him he’s delusional and his memories are all lies: he’s really Stephen Thompson, and he’d gone over the edge, obsessing about a rock star who died in a fiery crash. His chance to escape back to his own life comes when his prison burns, but a gunman is waiting for him, determined that neither Stephen Thompson nor Damien Mitchell will escape.

With the assassin on his tail, Damien flees to the City by the Bay, but keeping a low profile is the only way he’ll survive as he searches San Francisco for his best friend, Miki St. John. Falling back on what kept him fed before he made it big, Damien sings for his supper outside Finnegan’s, an Irish pub on the pier, and he soon falls in with the owner, Sionn Murphy. Damien doesn’t need a complication like Sionn, and to make matters worse, the gunman—who doesn’t mind going through Sionn or anyone else if that’s what it takes kill Damien—shows up to finish what he started.



4.5 Pants Off
Review: Book #1 Sinner's Gin


No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and talk to me!