Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Review: PUP by SJD Peterson

PUP by SJD Peterson
Dreamspinner Press
Novel: 214pgs
3 Pants Off

Blurb:
Micah “Pup” Slayde knows he wants Tackett Austin the moment he lays eyes on him in the Guards of Folsom. Micah wants to have purpose, to be taken care of, and to take care of his Dom—wants to trust him completely, live for him, belong to him. To become his everything. Micah is sure Tackett is the one. The problem is, in order to be the perfect sub, he needs to stay focused, and that’s not easy for Micah, who suffers from what he refers to as a “broken brain.” Focus and adult attention deficit disorder rarely coexist.

Ever since Ty Callahan and Blake Henderson’s collaring ceremony, Tackett’s been thinking too much about his own loneliness. Even though Ty introduces Micah and urges Tackett to give him a try, Tackett isn’t so easily convinced. He’s spent his life pursuing a successful business career, and the subs he dominates almost never enjoy the kiss of his leather twice. Twenty years Micah’s senior, Tackett has no interest in taking on and taming such a young and naughty sub—but it’s difficult to resist such an adorable pup when he begs.


Review:
I seem to be having a hard time with this author's books. Don't get me wrong, they're not badly written but once again I was disappointed in characters and remained unmoved with the overall story. I was really looking forward to reading because of the BDSM element, but I found that part to be the weakest and was left feeling "meh".

Micah is looking for a Dom, and not just any Dom will do. He has his eyes on Tackett Austin, and is hoping he can become the perfect sub for the man that he knows is "the one". Only thing keeping them apart is Tackett himself, and Micah's inability to focus. Micah knows he can be a handful because of his lack of focus, and serving a Dom and caring for him takes just that. But Tackett is the one to keep him grounded and if only Micah can convince the older man to take him and finally give him the very things he's been looking for, a place to call home and a Dom to call his own.

Tackett Austin has achieved all the things, he has a successful business and he can just hang out at home. What he doesn't need is taking on a full time sub, no matter how adorable and sexy the sub happens to be. Yet, Tackett can't resist the allure that his Micah and he finds himself taking the young man on for 2wks. Micah turns out to be handful and Tackett is feeling like he's taken on more than he can spank.

So Micah has attention deficit and while that added something interesting to the character, I found it to be too fantastical. On some level it’s believable but in the end I found it to be a little extreme for the character. Also I wasn't really feeling Tackett on a whole; he was there but wasn't interesting enough. Overall, I just didn't love it as much as I had hoped, the BDSM was very weak for me and I couldn't get into it. Felt like one of those SSDB (Same Sh*t Different Book) kinda feels (I am horrible).

Should You Read It? Once again to each his/her own, I liked it enough to finish reading, but in the end it was just an 'o.k' read. I haven't given up hope that there is a SJD book out there just waiting for me to love it.

3 Pants Off

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and talk to me!