Friday, February 21, 2014

Promo Post: An American Lamb in Europe by Rob Colton

New Release Announcement


An American Lamb in Europe

By Rob Colton

Publisher: Dreamspinner Press

Pages: 120

Cover Artist: Christy Caughie


Blurb:
Jamie Anderson knows you need to look before you leap, but he forgets it often enough to land in trouble. When his brother and only remaining family member disappears, he doesn’t think twice about quitting his job as a dental hygienist to travel to the Czech Republic to search for him.

Rescued by the sexy, mysterious Tomas in a small city near the German border, Jamie enlists his help in locating Rudy. Soon Jamie realizes the man knows more than he’s sharing. When Jamie demands Tomas tell him the truth, Tomas reveals he’s a vampire. Horrified the man he’s fantasized about is a monster, Jamie struggles with the fact he still needs Tomas's help to find Rudy.

Jamie never expects their search will land him in the middle of a vampire turf war.

Excerpt
I followed Tomas out of the front door, with Otto and Horst close behind us.

Since it had rained all day, the temperature had cooled considerably and the fog was thick once again. I zipped my coat all the way up and pushed my hands into my pockets as I tried to keep up with Tomas’s long strides.

“We are meeting a powerful vampire named Emeline,” Tomas explained. “She is a princess of the Vampire Nation of France. Your brother was a lamb bonded to her coven.”

My mouth fell open. “A French princess?”

“Yes. There are three main covens fighting for dominance in this region: the French, the Eastern Europeans, and the Russians.”

“What about you?”

“We are here to keep peace.”

I wanted to ask more questions, but I noticed we had slowed down in front of an old cemetery. Through the fog, I could see a small church sitting back on the property. Flickering lights lit up the stained glass windows. It was quite beautiful, despite the sense of danger that hung in the air.

Tomas pushed open the metal gate, and we cut through the cemetery toward the church.

“Can you go in there?” I asked, nodding my chin toward the church. “You know, on consecrated holy grounds?”

Tomas chuckled. “Of course. Vampirism has nothing to do with religion, lämmchen. It is not some curse from God.”

I moved quickly, trying to keep up with Tomas. The fog winding around the tombstones was mega-creepy, and I wanted to get to the church as quickly as possible. Consecrated grounds sounded pretty good about now, despite what Tomas said.

Tomas pushed open the doors, and they creaked like an old horror movie, loudly echoing throughout the sanctuary. As we entered the building, I couldn’t help but feel creeped out and on edge. I shivered—and it wasn’t from the cold.

The inside of the church was dimly illuminated with candles, adding to the already ominous mood. I looked around for a priest or some kind of caretaker, but the church appeared empty, without a soul in sight.

We walked up the aisle to the church’s altar. Tomas sat down on the single step, and I sat next to him. I crossed my arms around my chest, trying to keep warm.

The blond, Otto, jumped up onto the stone altar and sat down.

Horst looked around, making sure we were alone. After he walked the perimeter, he moved to the altar to stand near Otto, still wearing a scowl on his face.

“I guess we’re early,” I said, trying to fill the silence.

Tomas grunted impatiently and frowned at the door. He clearly didn’t like to be kept waiting.

My foot was tapping a mile a minute. I was nervous. When I get nervous, I tend to babble. “So… can you like, turn into a bat?”



Author Bio:
Rob Colton is a software developer by day, and avid reader of romance novels at night. A romantic at heart, he loves stories that feature big, burly men who find true love and happy endings.

Rob grew up in northern Michigan and currently lives in the Atlanta area with his very supportive husband and their very spoiled miniature schnauzer.

Visit Rob online: 

http://robcolton.com/ 

https://twitter.com/robcub32 

https://www.facebook.com/robcub32

Purchase Links: 
Dreamspinner Press

All Romance Ebooks

Amazon

Barnes and Noble

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and talk to me!