Monday, February 26, 2018

Review: Kill Game by Cordelia Kingsbridge

Kill Game (Seven of Spades #1) by Cordelia Kingsbridge
Riptide Publishing
Novel: 304pgs

4.5 Pants Off

Blurb: Homicide detective Levi Abrams is barely holding his life together. He’s reeling from the fallout of a fatal shooting, and his relationship with his boyfriend is crumbling. The last thing he’s prepared for is a serial killer stalking the streets of Las Vegas. Or how he keeps getting thrown into the path of annoyingly charming bounty hunter Dominic Russo.

Dominic likes his life free of complications. That means no tangling with cops—especially prickly, uptight detectives. But when he stumbles across one of the Seven of Spades’s horrifying crime scenes, he can’t let go, despite Levi’s warnings to stay away.

The Seven of Spades is ruthless and always two moves ahead. Worst of all, they’ve taken a dangerously personal interest in Levi and Dominic. Forced to trust each other, the two men race to discover the killer’s identity, revealing hidden truths along the way and sparking a bond neither man expected. But that may not be enough to protect them.

This killer likes to play games, and the deck is not stacked in Levi and Dominic’s favor.


Review

Lets Play A Game ️ 
“What do you want?” he asked, pulling Levi close. “Tell me.” Levi was too worked up for modesty or ambiguity. “I want you to fuck me with all the strength you used to bust through that door,” he said.

I’d like to say I’m dead 😵, this book has rearranged my entire year. I didn’t know I needed Kill Game until I read it. It has the most professional villain I have ever read in a M/M book. As a fan of true crime, forensic shows, and murder mysteries I am fangirling like crazy. I was pulled into the world of Seven of Spades, and it’s got me, it’s got me good. 

Levi is a detective in Las Vegas and he’s just out there doing his job. He’s got a billionaire boyfriend, he loves his job and is basically living the dream. Unless you factor in the fact that his boyfriend hates what he does, he’s dealing with some personal trauma and he’s just landed himself smack dab in the middle of a serial killer. The Seven of Spades has taken a personal interest in Levi and nothing good will come from that. 

Dominic Russo is a bounty hunter, it might not be the most elegant job but it pays the bill. His large build was made for busting the bad guys and he takes full advantage, plus putting bad guys/gals behind bars feels a little good. When Dominic gets dragged to a murder scene he knows he didn’t get called there by chance. He was meant to see it, he was meant to find it and he’s become another card in the deck to SoS .

What ensues is a pursuit for a prolific killer whose dead set on getting rid of anyone they find untrustworthy. Levi and Dominic get thrown together to play a killers game and with that they’ll discover an attraction, and try to stop a killer.  

Can I just say that this book is soooooo plot driven I’m going insane. I can’t call this a romantic suspense because all the lovey doves shit falls last in this story. This is purely the SoS ️ show and him/her is running things. The crime scenes are so intricate, well thought out, and my crime loving heart is in swoon. It reminds me of those CSI (original CSI, Grissom and all) episodes featuring that miniature killer who had those well thought out murder scenes. Staged bodies set up exactly to their liking and leaving no physical evidence behind. I love that vibe! 

I love Levi and Dominic, not necessarily together but individually. Levi is just (sigh) I don’t know why but right now that man is my aesthetic. He just reminds me of a big cat, all purring and claws out. Dominic, that big teddy bear. I’m down for these dudes. 

The writing is brilliant, just every freaking thing is working. I have my idea of who the Seven of Spades is and it’s kind of obvious to me. So Levi and Dominic need to start paying attention, look closely boys (objects in mirror are closer than they appear). 

I’m so looking forward to how this series unfolds, and I’m jumping straight into book two. Levi and Dom has got me all types of shook. Looking forward to more kills from Seven ️… 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and talk to me!