Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Audiobook Review: Permanent Ink by Piper Vaughn & Avon Gale

Permanent Ink (Art & Soul #1) by Piper Vaughn & Avon Gale
Narration: Kirt Graves Audible, Goodreads, Amazon
Time: 7hrs and 7 minutes

3 Pants Off

Blurb: At twenty-three, Poe Montgomery is going nowhere. He still lives in his father’s basement and spends most of his time tagging with his friends. When an arrest lands him in debt, Poe accepts the front desk job at Permanent Ink, the tattoo shop owned by his father’s best friend, Jericho McAslan. Jericho is nearly twice Poe’s age, but with his ink and prematurely graying hair, he quickly takes the starring role in Poe’s hottest fantasies.

Jericho is known for his ability to transform poorly designed tattoos into works of art, but he was once as aimless and misdirected as Poe. Wanting to pay it forward the way someone once did for him, Jericho makes Poe his apprentice and is determined to keep things strictly professional. Easier said than done when Poe makes his interest—and his daddy kink—abundantly clear.

Jericho can’t resist Poe or their intense chemistry for long. But between the age gap, tension with Poe’s father, and Poe’s best friend calling him a sellout, they’ll need to ensure they’re both on the same page before they can rewrite their rocky start into something permanent.


Review

 PERMANENT FAILURE

I’m going to lead off with this is my first audiobook review so don’t hold it against me. So here goes… 

The Story: 3 Pants Off 

I was very excited to listen this one and I am just sad that it didn’t deliver. 

Poe Montgomery lives the life of a punk ass kid. He’s got crazy artistic talent but he spends his time tagging private property with his best friend. He’s been in trouble before but what he fails to realize that he’s older and a more slip ups will have him serving time. His dad has had enough of getting him out of jail, and getting on his dads bad side is a bad move since he’s basically supporting him.  But Poe is an artiste 👨🎨 and his talent cannot be contained. When his fathers best-friend offers him a job at his tattoo parlour he accepts grudgingly. Poe soon starts to realize that setting a foundation isn’t selling out, and the talent that he has can be used to make many people happy and it’s legal too. 

Jericho owner of Permanent Ink decides to take on his best friends son as an apprentice to keep him out of trouble. What Jericho never expected was to be getting lust filled for the brat, and Poe is strictly of limits because 1, the boy is young enough to be his kid and 2, he’s the son of a friend and that alone puts him in the no fuck zone.  

I was hoping to really like this one a lot. It has some of my fave things. The daddy kink (supossebly), tattooed dudes, and that whole disciplinary type of feel but the story didn’t quite deliver. It wasn’t as hot as I’d hoped and Poe and Jericho lacked chemistry. In the end I just had meh-ish feels. The plotty device with Poe’s best-friend failed to add excitement it only highlighted Poe’s immaturity and that brought down my enjoyment of the story. 

Also Daddy Kink!! Bitch where??? 


The Narration by Kirt Graves: 2.75 – 3 Pants Off 

I think if I had read the book I might have liked it more, because the narration wasn’t working for me. I felt like Jericho needed a stronger voice, something amidst that of a Vin Diesel level; strong and commanding. I have this weird thing with voices and sounds, I get annoyed enough that there are people I just don’t want to hear speak. While I didn’t hate the narration, it wasn’t doing me any favours. I listen to audiobooks when I’m doing errands and such, so I get to enjoy sexy scenes in the outdoors and usually sometimes I be blushing or smirking but for this one I felt nothing. The sexy times was read like the regular stuff and I felt nothing. 

Permanent Ink was a total letdown in the story and for my ears!!! 

SideNote- In a weird way I’m kinda looking forward to book 2 but I think I’ll go ahead and read the book for that one.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and talk to me!